The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Week at Home

I have been home since this past Saturday, and as usual, it is go...go...go! Never a dull moment at the Wohlschlegel household! Let me recap.

Saturday: I got in about 6:15 p.m. Took me 8 hours to get home, though 30 minutes of that was spent in a line at Wendy's. Traffic was pretty bad coming out of Virginia Beach too. Kate ran really well though. Despite not having air conditioning, car stayed pretty cool with the passenger window down. I wasn't home for about an hour and then I went with my Mom and Mandy to Knobels, a local amusement park, to see a Beatle cover band. They were really good! They sounded and dressed just like the Beatles.

Sunday: Was nice to take it easy after church. There was a number of people in an out throughout the day. Thinking back, I believe I counted like 7 families represented throughout the day, either coming to swim, stopping in on there way through, or hanging out while some ladies were at a bridal shower. Of course we had Nascar going too! OH, and haircuts. Kariann came by and gave me a trim and got me looking pretty good again. :) That evening we caught up with our friend Orlando and went kyacking from Milton to Lewisburg on the Susquehanna. It was pretty fun to be on the river. I tipped my kyack once when we had to get out and drag it pass the shallow spots. S0 needless to say I didn't stay very dry.

Monday: A day for running some errands. I had to run by the bank, and it ended up some others had to cash some checks as well. So made a bank run to like 3 different banks for different family members. Also spent some time working on the Nissan that I will be taking back with me. Also the Bells stopped in on their way back from dropping Christopher to college (friends from NY). It was good to see them, and I know my parent really appreciated the visit with all the stuff going on right now at home. Praise God for good friends.

Tuesday: Don't really remember what I did that day, but I am sure it was full of fun and exciting stuff!!

Wednesday: Borrowed a motorcycle from one of my friends and tried to go get my lisence. I guess now you have to make an appointment to take the bike road test, and they soonest was in mid-September. Grr!!! That is kinda frustrating. It was good to ride again though.

Thursday: Got to go visit my x-youth leaders. We always played cards when I was living at home, and since it had been so long since my last visit I made it a point to get out there. Plus, it had been forever since I last got to play pinochle!! Their daughter Katie is playing now too. She did pretty good all and all. Paul and I whooped up on them though! I felt bad for keeping them up so late, but we had a great time of fellowship and were able to share what the Lord had been up to in our lives, and different struggles. Got to end the night in prayer. I was glad to catch up with them.

Friday: Dad took the day off and we joined some friends (Stamms) up at the Bald Eagle state park lake for some water skiing and tubing. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day for it. And we practically had the place to ourselves. It was a lot of fun!

Saturday: I am sure sore today from the day at the lake yesterday. Got a little Pennsylvania sun to add to my Virginia tan though. Uncle Tim and Aunt Becky, and cousin Justin just arrived. Came down to visit for a few days.

Thats the week in brief. I am sure I am leaving stuff out, but oh well. It has been good to be home, and Tuesday will be here all to quick when I have to return to school. Got to enjoy it while I am off. Til next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home