The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Monday, April 17, 2006

The End is in Sight

Hard to believe I am almost at the end of my second semester & first year of law school (!!!) already. Whereas the first semester was kinda slow, this past semester has flown by! Last Thursday was our last day of classes. Four finals are the only thing I have left to face. Thought I would take a break from studying for my first final for a sec and post when and what my finals were so if you happen to be thinking of it, you could PRAY for me. It would be most appreciative.

Wed, April 19th Civil Procedure
This should not be bad, though as always, there is a lot of material to cover. Professor Ben Madison won "Teacher of the Year" for the excellent job he does in this class. God has gifted him with a passion for teaching and he helps spice up an otherwise boring subject of federal rules and regulations.

Mon, April 24th, Property
This class is the one that I had the most trouble with the first semester, and really hope to bring the grade up in this semester. I found I actually enjoyed the class a little more this semester, so I hope that helps.

Thur, April 27th, Contracts
This class is a hard one to judge. The professor is a great guy and teacher, but his tests are pretty hard and sometimes unpredictable. The pace over the semester was very slow and we had to pick it up quite a bit at the end. Hopefully we were able to cover everything we need to know for the test in class. My preparation for class fell off a bit near the end as the pace picked up.

Tue, May 2nd, Torts
This was probably the "thorn in the side" of many this semester because it was a long class, and the professor lacked a passion for teaching the subject. Sometimes it seemed like he wanted to get out of there as much as we did. Hard to say how this final will go. Hopefully some good outlines will help me prepare for the class where notes are lacking.

Following that, I will have completed a full year of law school and can tentatively take on the new title of 2L (i.e., second-year law student). Hopefully the grades will back up the title sometime in early June. :) As you can see, there is time in-between each final to prepare, so I will probably only be focusing on one at time. Praise the Lord for His goodness here. He certainly has been faithful. Thank you Lord.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home