The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Eventful weekend

Man, was I busy this past weekend! As I may have mentioned earlier, last week was our two rounds Moot Court competition among the 1Ls. I thought both my rounds went all right. I definitely was less and less nervous the more I did it. Late Friday night I found out that I made it into the top 64 competitors for the Saturday Moot Court competion! I was kinda surprised. My round was 9:45 a.m.

Friday night was also the start of my motorcycle safety class. Spent four hours from 6-10pm watching videos and talking about general safety tips, like being aware of your surroundings as you ride. We went through our safety books highlightening the answers to questions that could be on our test on Sunday. After this, I threw on my tux shirt, vest and bow tie and went the last half of Regent's Barrister's Ball. Unfortunately I had missed the dinner and the live band, but there was still dancing going on with a DJ. I had fun with some friends out on the dance floor. Hey, when no one really knows how to dance, there is no pressure. It was fun. I stayed till the music stopped.

Saturday I went to my oral argument. I ended up drawing an argument that I had done twice already, so I felt pretty comfortable with it. It wasn't till I got there that they informed me that my co-counsel would not be showing up, so it was just me against two girls from my class. I actually raised my hand and asked the court (which may have been out of line) if they would like me to do my co-cousel's argument as well, to which they said no. I wasn't really prepared to argue that point, but I have been working with the problem for most the semester, that I was confident I could come up with something.

I won't ever know if I could have moved on because I had to go back for part two of my motorcycle safety class. This time we were actually going to be on bikes, practicing our stopping, steering, etc. Half way through class we got drenched!! It poured rain, but we kept going. I was afraid I was going to catch a cold, but the Lord spared me! Thank goodness. Sunday, I came back for the last part of my training. I had the hardest time with those figure 8s we had to do within the perimeter of box. This was more maneuvering for like a parking lot, though, and the instructors placed more emphasis on "road skills". It was a good course. Definitely gave me more to be aware of on the road, and helped build on my confidence. They can definitely be dangerous, but they are also a lot of fun. I passed and was able to call it into my insurance provider today, and saved 10%. Its the small blessings that make our day, isn't it?

I also found out this past weekend that I got a judicial clerkship for the summer. I will be working with the Chesapeake Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court. Thank God for His provision. Sounds like it will be very neat opportunity. I also will be taking a class this summer, and hope to put my VA Security Officers license to work as well. Should keep me busy (but probably not out of trouble).

That's all the news I have for now. Get sworn in as President on Thursday. Oh, and this is our last week of classes. Finals begin the 19th and I am finished May 2nd. Time is flying...Until next time.

Grace & Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home