The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Look its a Blip on the Radar Screen

Shocking, yes, its me. It has been a long time. Alot can happen in a month. Some of that includes...

A visit from the family for a week. They came down for a week late in June. It was a wonderful blessing to have them visit. They stayed at my house. I had to go into my internship a couple of the days, but we made it to the beach almost every day. I wish they could visit more often so I could take more advantage of living in Virginia Beach. We also got to go visit the Aquarium too. That was pretty cool. This is after Shark IMAX!



This last week was kinda crazy. I took off for Texas last Thursday after a marathon painting job to be in Daniel and Whitney's wedding (my sixth!!). I flew into Austin about 5 pm. I used Budget Rental in order to rent one of the new Mustangs. Well, I get there and the guy behind the counter said that they just recently had to return them to the dealership because they only had them for so long. I was so disappointed!! Aside from the wedding that was what I was most excited about. So they gave me a Honda Salada. Nice car, but NOT the same thing. The wedding was actually in San Antonio, so I drove there to meet up with everyone. All the PHC guys there ended up being part of the bunch I RA-ed their freshman year. It was good hanging out with them (Newcomb, Poe, Steeg, and of course Archer - the groom!) It was fun to hang out with the two families. Us guys ended up doing some pizza and poker for a low keyed bachlor party. Everyone was pretty pooped, but we had fun. I can now say that I have played "Texas Holdem" in Texas! And won, every game - 3 to be exact. I think my average bedtime while out there was about 2 am. And the funny thing is, I got more sleep then I had gotten since I've been home by sleeping in. The day of the wedding, a couple of us went into San Antonio to see the Alamo and Riverwalk. It was pretty cool. I have to say that I enjoyed Texas, especially driving. They have 70 mph speed limits!! Ha. The wedding was really nice. Daniel and Whitney looked very good together. I was honored to be there. The trip back was a little crazy. I had (what I thought) a 6:30 am flight out of Austin on Sunday. The wedding did not start til 7:30 pm on Saturday. We didn't get home till 12:30 am, and of course had to eat again. I got in bed by 2 am, and got up at 4 am to make the one and a half hour trip to Austin to catch my flight. I thought I was running a little late, as I got in at 6am to the airport. I got to the counter and the guy told me that they had no 6:30 am flights going out. I was shocked. It turns out my ticket was not till Monday. Yikes!! I ended up getting on an 8 am flight by shelling out an extra 50 buckeroos. I could of used that extra sleep!!!

It might not have been so bad having so little sleep if I didn't have my UCC final Monday at 6pm!! I pretty much had some time on Sunday evening to study, and then Monday. I am glad to have it done, and I think it went okay. Time will tell.

So, that is a very brief update. Scattered with a few pictures. Hope you enjoy. Next trip...possibly Hawaii to see Brandon by the end of the month. We'll keep you posted (at least I will try to do a better job of that). :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Vigilante Clowns of Justice said...

It was awesome to get to hang out with you there. Sorry to hear about the airport bit, I didn't think either of you were even going to get up on time. Send pics, I'm sure you can figure out where to find me. :)

~J

3:24 AM  
Blogger i,Sardonicus said...

Keep up the good work.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. That's the first picture of us I've seen yet.

It was great having you. My family fell in love with you with my mother wanting to bestow you with the "sainthood award" for playing with my little brothers for so long. Not many people get that award. So far it's just you and Daniel. :-p

2:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Mark! wow, I was looking at Rachel and Michael's blog, and from there I stumbled upon yours! it's been a long time...how're you doing?

12:57 AM  
Blogger Leo Marvin Lestino said...

I didn't know you were taking UCC I. Save your outlines!!! lol. j/k. Hope it went well. See you in August.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey buddy, where are the pictures of you holding the Victoria's Secret bag? :)

it was AWESOME to have you and I am so blessed by your friendship. Don't be a stranger!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! daytona surveillance video surveillance rooms Sweet pea by stacy frati pants free video game ringtone ferndale voice over ip surveillance 2bcamera Security systems news Music grants scholarship How to lower my cpu usage http://www.comparing-digital-camcorders.info/Brands-of-batteries.html Topamax for headaches in children Who makes zyrtec

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home