The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ready or not...

School has begun. I have to say that I was really not at all excited about getting back, but after 3 days of going to classes, it is nice to be back on a schedule (even though I may still be trying to figure out what exactly that schedule will be :)~ It is good to see some of my classmates I have not seen in quite a while, including my roommate Jeremy, who was working in Williamsport all summer, about 20 minutes from my home.

Summer went by all too quickly. I will be a busy bee this semester, carrying a load of 16 credits and working two jobs. I am also Class President this year, so that will add to the craziness. My schedule looks something like this:

(M,W,F) Don't start till 1pm but have three classes back to back to back. They are Family Law, Professional Responsibility, and Criminal Law. I don't think they will be too bad, but time will tell. At least one morning a week I will be going in to work at Career & Alumni Services too.

(Tu,Th) This will be my long day. Con Law I starts at 8am (thinking about dropping it??) and then have Appellate Advocacy in the afternoon. It is a 2-hour class and will require a lot of work (5 writing assignments and a couple oral arguments). Every Tuesday and Thursday night I will also be working in the Law Library from 6:30pm till midnight. It isn't that bad because I can also get stuff read for class.

Well, I better sign off now. My roommate and I don't have internet right now. We are actually in the library parking lot to pick up the wireless. LOL. We don't get our wireless till Sept. 7th. Oh boy. Night!

4 Comments:

Blogger M. Hunsberger said...

Glad to hear you are keeping busy.., it will keep you out of trouble ;-) I don't know if stealing library wireless counts as staying out of trouble... but I guess it is free anyway.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Janice Phillips said...

I bet it's nice to have Vinci and Dr. Stacey in the neighborhood now. Hope your semester is going well.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Persiflage said...

Family Law, Prof Resp, Criminal Law, Con Law and Appellate Advocacy, huh? Sounds exciting. The word is you're being very responsible and are a motivated and hard worker now. Must be because you're away from all our bad influences. Do they shaft you with book prices like they did me at GMU?

Anyhow, I have go now because I have to go out on a field exercise and pratice hitting targets from the turret of a Humvee with my M249. It helps get rid of all my pent up aggression built the last three years of law school. Have fun with all those books!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
we were so glad to see you yesterday!! Makes us miss you more. Yesterday afternoon Heidi Nalle and the boys came over and she was sad to hear she had missed you at church. She and the boys were visiting as Ed was out of town at the Piper conference. Come visit anytime!!
Genoa (and my guys)

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home