The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Long week...Good Day

I have probably just came through my toughest week in law school (yes, even more than finals). Monday started off with turning in the Appellate Brief. I also had to finish a explaining a case in Contracts that I had started on Friday for the professor. Tuesday I had the speech to give for my canidacy for 2L Class President. I didn't think I would, but I actually got really nervous speaking there. Thursday night was late one (3 a.m. Fri morning) preparing for my 8:15 a.m. oral argument. That went alright. I was a little nervous there as well.

Friday night I got a call. It was one of the SBA officers tell me that I won the 2L class President election outright. There were two other guys running for the position. I was expecting a run-off, but I ended up pulling over 50% of the vote. My first thought was thank you Lord . . . quickly followed by "what have I gotten myself into" . . . "help me Lord". :) I just want to do a good job. I don't step into the position till next year. The official results aren't out yet, so I am not sure all who I will be working with. God give me grace.

This morning my I got an early monring call (so it was like 8 a.m.) from some friends on their way down to visit. Matt S., Faith B., and her good friend Alisha came down for the day. They got in about 10a.m. (which is the time I got up - lol). Faith and Alisha ran to Starbucks and to pick up some food for the beach while Matt and I visited a while and then I gave him a tour of the campus. We met back up with the girls and hit the beach. The weather was beautiful. The water however was COLD!!! We had a picnic and spent some time throwing frisbee. After that I dragged them all to my softball game. They had me at pitcher. I went 1-3 with an inside the park homerun as well. We ended up winning in the end. Then Matt took us to his favorite seafood restaurant here, "Bubbas". It was great food. I got the Flounder catch of the day. Uhhmm ....good.

All, it was long week, but ended on a good day. One more day to enjoy tomorrow. Hate to loose that hour sleep. Oh well, probably would have lost it anyways. :) Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home