The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The burden has passed..

...as of yesterday, the paper I have been working on, an Appellate brief, has been turned in. Its a little scary to think that those 21 pages represent 50% of my grade in that class (Legal Research and Writing). How do I feel about it? Well, to be honest, tired. Yes, my bed time as of recent has been between 2-3 a.m., one night as late as 4 a.m.!! But, by the grace and strength of God, I finished it. Overall, when I went back over it in the wee morning hours, it didn't look half bad. The graded part of the class is now over, and we now move to oral arguments. This is where the fun begins. :)

Today are the speeches for members running for class office. I am making my bid again for Class President. As usual, not exactly sure what to say, but I trust the Lord will give me the words, if that is where He wants me. I see it as another service opportunity. My first flyer for my campaign reads:

"DID YOU KNOW?
...in German, 'Wohlschlegel' means 'good hammer'. Let me serve as an Effective Tool to represent you. Vote Mark Wohlschlegel for 2L Class President."

Cheesy, huh? :p We'll have to wait and see what happens.

No word yet on what I will exactly be doing this summer.

Quick testimony of grace today:
My roommate and I pray everyday on our way to classes, usually asking God to help us remember what we've read, and to give the correct answers to the professor. Well, because of all the work with the paper this weekend, I was not prepared for class at all. So this morning, when I prayed, I asked God to be with my roommate if he got called on since he had prepared, and left myself out of it. Well, at one point in the class, the professor was looking for an answer that others were having trouble getting. Thinking logically, I raised my hand and offered an answer. Lo and behold I was right! He asked a follow up answer as well, which I also got right, and all this for not having read the case. I guess the training in thinking logically is working here. :) God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home