The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

You May Wonder, "To What Do We Owe the Honor of Your Post?"

Well, I am ashamed to say, that I am not posting because of any "big" news. I am not posting because I all of a sudden remembered it has been a while (well, that is part of it). I am not posting because I am bored. Far from it - life in law school is as busy as it has always been. Are you ready for this...

I decided to post tonight because I needed a break from the Appellate Brief I am currently writing. I have been working on it straight pretty much since 3:30 p.m. this afternoon. In that time I have "crafted" five pages (lawyers don't "write", they "craft").

Now that I am underway, let me see if I can come up with any interesting news from my life....

- No news yet on where I'll be for the summer. I had an interview last week for a Public Defendant Assistant here in Virginia Beach. Should hear back about that early next month (which is coming fast!!). I also applied for a judicial Internship here in the area. The way I see it, I have rent paid up through July, so why not stay near the beach??? These positions also run about 20 hours a week, so that would enable me to work on the side, perhaps pick up a security job in the area. Still waiting to see what doors the Lord opens up.

- Regent is holding class elections again for our 2L year. This year's Class President is stepping down, so I have put my hat in the running again for Class President. Second times the charm, right? :) It is still very much something I would like to do, but there is always the question of how busy I will be next year. Time will tell. I had to laugh though. A girl in my class today just realized that after talking to me that I had NOT been our class president this whole time!! Go figure.

- I am down to only 3 weeks of classes left!!! Time is going so fast. Hard to believe finals are right around the corner again. Lord willing, I can up my grade average. My last final is May 2nd.

- Outside of school, I have been participating in intramural basketball. This has been a blast. I really enjoy playing. I have finally got to the point where I can play for more than 2 minutes without needing an oxygen mask! LOL! This weekend are the playoffs. Our team is like 5-2. Sounds like we will only be down to five men on Saturday though. Could prove to be a challenge. Bring it on!!! :)

- Recent visitors to Virginia Beach included Faith Brobst, and Marianne and Casey Wasson. It was good to see some familiar faces. I always enjoy company! (hint, hint) There is visit from the Schwartz tentatively on the calendar now too. Yea!

- I have been saddened by the sudden turn of events at PHC with four professors announcing their departure at the end of this year. :( Two of them have been there from the beginning. My prayers go out to the students and administration of the college. There are certainly alot of changes going on there. God is in control, and I believe that ultimately that God is doing what is best for the college. It has certainly created a stir on the Alumni Board.

- Kate, my 1990 Ford Thunderbird is still running strong for me. Praise God for passing state inspection over Spring Break. 211,000+ miles and counting!!!

- Personally, I find it has been hard to sit still as the weather has began getting warmer. I get so antsy, that it is hard to stay in the books. I have kept up thus far, and trust the Lord will carry me home thru finals.

- Spiritually, I have found that it is so easy to pass by devotions and time with God and dive into the day. This is not good! This catches up with you very quickly, and you find that your perspective on life is greatly changed. Praises to God that He refuses to settle for that type of relationship with His own. My prayer is that I will not settle for that either. For those of you feeling the same way, I encourage you to Keep on Keeping on!! God is always right there. Seek His forgiveness, pick up that cross and follow Him.

Well, I think that brings everyone up to date as of now. Back to "crafting" my brief. ;)

Grace & Peace. ~ Mark

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit, you can expect in faith for Him to answer, and following your request will be His strength to endure the trials before you.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home