The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Brief But Long Overdue Update

Greetings! I am currently working in the law library at school, and finding it a bit hard to concentrate. It was at this moment that I thought of something to do - post!

I have at this point completed half of the law program here at Regent University School of Law. It is hard to believe that much time has already gone by so quickly. Currently in my 4th semester, I am finding this semester to have the most interesting, but also the most volume of reading to do. I am enjoying my classes, two of which I have very distinguished professors for: Former Att. General John Ashcroft, and ACLJ's Jay Sekulow. On top of that I am also taking Constitutional Law II, Evidence, & Business Associations. Add the responsibilities of being Student Bar Association 2L Class President, Law Library GA, Career Services GA and now a member at Sovereign Grace Church of Chesapeake, and you can tell I am busy indeed! But I do enjoy what I am doing.

I had a wonderful Christmas break full of 3 of my favorite things -- Family, Friends, and Food! I also worked over break for a lawyer down the street who runs an Elder Law and Estate Planning Firm. I found the work very interesting and liked the personal touch of helping people directly. I plan to look into it further as potentially a way to use my law degree when I graduate. I thank the Lord for that unexpected opportunity.

My brother in Iraq is doing pretty well. Even though with all the activity over there being "same old, same old" for him and the rest of our soldiers, I am pretty sure he is in the thick of it sometimes, and do appreciate your continued prayer for his safety.

Had a recent opportunity to take a trip down to Warner Robbins, Georgia this month to see Matt, Katie, & Autumn. That little girl is a cuty growing up so fast! It was good to be with Swartz, Swartz-to-be, the Moughon, and Beth as well. We spent a day visiting Savannah, which is a beautiful town. We took both a bus & ghost tour of the city, but still feel like we only saw a fraction of it. (I will have to see if I can post some pictures, I was thoroughly frustrated last time I tried - grrr!)

That is about it for now. Have to go do a round here at the library. Only one more hour to go! Will try to post again soon! L8r...

1 Comments:

Blogger M. Hunsberger said...

Glad to hear you are still alive and kickin'. It was good to see you in passing over break.

- MRH

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home