The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Our God is a God of Inches

Hey all, just recieved word this morning from my parents about my brother Brandon who is serving as a 2nd Lt. in the Army Rangers, leading a group of men.

This morning, his humvee was hit, seriously injuring two of his men, who had to be life-flighted. Brandon himself only suffered some burns and was missing a chunk out of his helmet when all was said and done. Oh, how the Lord has been answering my prayers and the prayers of many for his safety! I guess the Army wanted to call our family to tell them, but Brandon insisted instead to make the phone call so as to relieve any fears we would have about how he is doing. Goes to show Mom that he is thinking of you!! Good boy!

It is hard to describe the emotions one feels when someone close to them faces such a near death experience. I wish there was something I could do to help him, to protect him, but really I feel helpless. I am tempted to think, yes I can pray, but is that really doing anything? I strongly believe that the fact that his life has been spared is evidence that prayer is doing something, and God is listening. My Dad had a chance to talke to him a little, and was able to remind Brandon that it was the Lord who was protecting him. As someone put it to me recently, "Our God is a God of inches!"

When Brandon reported just a few weeks ago, he and his men saw the humvee in front of them go 100 ft in the air after being hit. They were the first ones on the scene. This time it was his. No doubt God is watching over him.

I praise God for His mercies, and I am so proud of my brother and all who serve us in the military. Please keep up the prayers. Thanks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leeann said...

Indeed, praise God for His mercy. Thanks for the reminder and call to prayer for our soldiers. Keep us posted on Brandon and his unit!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Persiflage said...

Far out man - kind of funny the LT's vehicle was the one that got hit. When is his tour of duty over?

5:44 AM  
Blogger Janice Phillips said...

Didn't know your bro was "over there." Will definitely be praying for him and praise God for the protection thus far!!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home