The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Thursday, September 22, 2005

It's Four A.M., I must be lonely...

Not really. My roommate Jeremy and I just came back from a nice walk around our neighborhood. I think we both had a little too much coffee, this coupled with the fact that we were coming down from a "paper-writing" high. Our very first graded assignment is due on Friday for our Legal Research and Writing Class. Why am I working on it now, you might ask?? Well...last week, when I handed in our practice assignment (essentially the same thing), mine was hot off the printer because I had just finished it 12 minutes before class!! I was within 2 minutes of handing it in late. So, inorder not to repeat that episode (at least this week), I decided to get a draft done tonight, and have a chance to look over it tomorrow night before handing it in on Friday for a grade. I have to say, I feel really good about the paper, but...it is 4 a.m. and I could just be delirious. I really enjoy writing up these memorandums. Basically we take the rule and facts from one case already decided and apply them to a given similar scenario to determine how the court would rule. The reason I like these assignments is because this is where the rubber meets the road. This is in a real sense me applying what I am learning. I remember too enjoying this in Con Law back at PHC. Good times, then and now.

Oh, and about that election, I did not win. I am not sure how close it was, nor have I decided whether I want to know at this point. I think the guy who won will do a great job. While a little disappointed, I am not so much for it is one less thing to apply to my already busy schedule. I had left it in God's hands. My roommate Jeremy did not make VP either. There is always next year.

WATCH OUT!! THE "W" & "SILENT G" WILL BE BACK!!! :)

Thanks for all your support and prayers out there. Much appreciated. Till, next time...

Grace & Peace!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle said...

Great to read that you seem to be enjoying your courses. And, there is always next year for elected office! (Hey, you are only a first year after all!)-rlr

1:17 PM  
Blogger i,Sardonicus said...

Mark, I can't believe you wasted a whole minute that you had left!!! :-P.

Enjoy the paper writing...

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home