The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Final Results...

...Still to come!!

This past Thursday and Friday were the votes for 1L class officers. I received an email late Friday night with the results...I am in a run-off with one of my fellow classmates for President. I have to admit that I did not do as much campaigning as I wanted to. I meant to get a flyer up with my picture on it for some face recognition, but ran out of ink for my printer when I made up bookmark to hand out. Since I am in a run-off I definitely going to get up some flyers around school. The vote will take place on Tuesday. It is crazy how fast they make this, but again, not a bad thing, for the campaigning time is not dragged out.

I learned today at my dance lessons (more later) from the candidate that didn't make it that I was the underdog in this upcoming vote. I don't know how true that is, but I do believe that this will be an uphill battle. My roommate Jeremy puzzle is also in a run-off for Vice President. Time will tell. Its in the Lord's hands.

Back to my mention of dance class...yes, I am taking dance lessons. Regent is offering a special, seven lessons for only $10. No, this is not ballet dancing (sorry Jon). It is more of ballroom dancing class. Today we learned the "cha-cha", and the "rumbling" steps. It is actually a lot of fun. I guess they offer this, for at the end of the semester there is some big December ball. I figured that dancing might be a good skill to have on hand - you know, to have on hand next to my numb chuck skills, and bow hunting skills. ;p Hey, if Jeremy Purves thinks that it is okay for a guy to dance, then it must be fine. Thanks Jeremy! ;)

Well, I better get back to being a law student. Sometimes I think I am having way too much fun to be a law student. So far I am keeping on top of everything...grasping it all...well that is another story. :)

Grace & Peace, out!

1 Comments:

Blogger i,Sardonicus said...

congrats on the run off, and I look forward to seeing you on "Dancing With the Stars"...

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home