The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Monday, August 15, 2005

Orientation Day 1

Professor Gantt started out the day with directing our attention to the truths of Phi. 4:13 "I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me", and Jn 15:5 "...Apart from me you can do nothing". What a great reminder. I can see after only one day that it will not take long to come to the end of my own strength. God's grace must be my source of strength, brains - everything! Prof. Gantt made no bones about how we will be working hard during our time in law school. In some ways, this reminds me of my start at Patrick Henry College (PHC). God proved Himself faithful there, and I trust this will be know different.

Ran into Mark Leichliter today, a guy that graduated a year after me from PHC. Good to see a familiar face. He and his wife Erin are down here, and already extended an invitation for dinner sometime. You know that I am all over that!! Speaking of familiar faces, I am simply ecstatic that another PHC graduate is in the area, Nick Higgins!! We met for coffee last week. It is great to have a couple brothers down here. Thank you Lord!!

Needless to say, I survived day 1, which included 4 hours of lecture, plus the following assignments due tomorrow - briefing 2 cases (drawing out the pertinent information), and outlining a statute. My roommates Matt M., Jeremy P. and I sat around our kitchen table for about 2 hrs after returning breaking down our cases in preparation for tomorrow. We brainstormed, stumbled over some of the difficult wording, and came up with our initial briefs. Tomorrow we may be proved wrong by the professor, but at least we got some material to work with. Some of what I did tonight I vaguely remember from my days of Constitutional Law at PHC.

I hate to admit this, (shh...don't tell anyone) but I did kind of enjoy it. Twisted I know! I am sure I will be in my right mind a few weeks into the semester. ;) No worries. LOL. Right now I am glad to get started, and enjoying the challenge.

Well, I need to head out. Poor Eagles, they just lost to the Steelers! My poor roommate from Philly. (Did I mention that my roommates Matt and Jeremy are really into football!?!)

I'm outta here for now. Yea! I posted 2 days in a row!!
Nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home