The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Friday, September 09, 2005

Its Official...

Just got the email late last night. I am in the running for 1L Class Presdient of Regent's Student Bar Association (SBA), the student govenment body of Regent. My roommate Jeremy had decided he was going to run for Vice President, and said I should think about running as President. The position and is very similar to that of Patrick Henry College's Student Body President, i.e., serving as a liaison for the 1Ls to the upperclasses and the Regent Administration and Professors.

I have to say I am pretty excited about the possiblity. I really enjoyed my experience serving in that role while at PHC. I enjoy the challenge of brainstorming and finding solutions that satisfy both parties. If this a place from where my fellow classmates think I can best serve them from, than that is where I want to be. More importantly, if that is where God wants me, that is where I want to be. There are quite a few qualified fellow classmates running. If I don't win, that is fine too. God's will be done.

Missing my campaign manager from my undergrad days, who is now in Georgia. Need to revive the "Matt" party. LOL! My new group of friends are supportive so far. We'll see what happens. I will be sure to provide updates. I should come up with some flyer over the weekend to hand out. We have 1 week to campaign, and a speech next week (public speaking - yikes!). Here we go again! :)

Oh, and good news - my family is down visiting for the weekend. They are crashing here at my pad. It is good to have mother cooking again. ;) They came down to help me celebrate my 25th Birthday, today. A quater of a century old!!! Crazy, huh? Oh, and more great news! My roommate Jeremy saved 50% on his car insurance by switching to Geico!! No, really, I am serious.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog. Well done!

I have a voip site/blog. It pretty much covers voip related issues.

Do visit it sometime.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Mark!!!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Leeann said...

Oh, oh, I'll come down and work your campaign if you'll pay my expenses... can I lay on the beach in my free time? ;) I have a decent stuent government track record... if I may say so myself...

7:21 PM  
Blogger Undeserving said...

Wow, the "Matt" party... I forgot all about that. :-) Let's see...
Matt Thornton
Matt Brownfield
Matt duMee
Matt Schwartz
Brian "Matt" Sortor
Rachel "Matt" Allen
Sarah "Matt" Cook
I know I'm forgetting some...

Congrats!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Markie!!! What can I say....you're amazing! :)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Leeann said...

I highly doubt Sarah was a Matt... but I was! We need to have an official student government historian. But I nominate it to not be me. I am biased :-P

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home