The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Almost One Week Over

Hello everyone!! Sorry it has been so long since I last blogged. Let me tell you, I have been very busy!! It is very reminiscent of my PHC days actually. My Freshmen year consisted of late nights, lots of reading, and very little sleep (with an average bed time of 2 a.m.)!! There is always something to be doing. The only difference here is I was a lot younger back then. LOL!!! :) Things start out a little crazy because basically you are already behind! You are expected to come to class prepared, having read the material, and prepared to discuss it. The goal is to stay ahead of the professor. Sometimes you will not cover all a days material in class, meaning you already have some work done for the next class. This allows you to focus on another class that you may be falling behind a little in. Things will get better as time goes on.

In the midst of all this, I have to admit it - I am enjoying law school!! Of course, I have not yet been called on for any classes yet. :) My time will come.

Like PHC, perhaps one of the greatest things about Regent is the Christian fellowship. I have already met a number of great people, and look forward to building upon and cementing those relationships over the next 3 years. My roommates and I started a prayer time on Wednesday nights, to get a number of us together to pray for each other, especially on matters outside of school. We had a group of 14 this last Friday!

I have to say that I feel priviledged to be here at Regent. Let me tell you a little about my fellow 1Ls. First, we are Regents highest incoming acidemic law class yet!! The average age is 25 yrs old, with a range from 21-55 yrs. old. We have a guy to girl ration of 51 to 49, and cover 37 different states. We represent 138 undergrad institutions. Its a pretty good group. I think there are a 161 of us.

God has been very good to me. I can't tell you what exactly I want to do with my law degree, but I have a great peace about being here (also, reminiscent of my time at PHC). I keep going back to a quote I found a while ago that gives me great encouragment:

GOD DOES NOT CALL THE EQUIPPED, HE EQUIPS THE CALLED.

Good quote, isn't it? Well, I am excited to be here, that tomorrow is Friday, and...excited that I can go to bed early tonight (11:30ish, Yea!).

Grace & Peace !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home