The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Well, it is not the official kickoff - only Orientation. It will only be a taste of what I am getting myself into. Classes don't actually start till the 22nd. That's right folks, Mark Wohlschlegel II (the second edition, as opposed to the first) is starting law school! I may find that as hard to believe as you do, for those of you catching this tid-bid of information for the first time. :) I am a 1L (first-year law student) at Regent University School of Law, located in beautiful Virginia Beach. Not a bad gig if you ask me. I will have to see how it goes combining "books" and "beach" - I'll get back to you on that one.

I officially became a resident of our 4-bedroom townhouse on Glyndon Drive this past Thursday. We are only 5 minutes from campus!! I have 3 great roommates - Jamison R. from SC, Matt M. from TN, and Jeremy P. from Philadelphia (I'll give better introductions later, after all, I have just recently met them myself). As one of Matt's friends put it "two Yankees with two Southern boys" *whistle*. We are all 1Ls who God has led to Regent with very little idea of what we want to do with a law degree. This gives me and my shipmates some comfort - to know we are all in the same boat (come on, did I have to spell it out for you, LOL). Emotions are high among us - excited to finally be here(!!!), and apprehensive about what we have gotten ourselves into. Overall, we are psyched!!! BRING IT ON - Lord Help US!!!!

I have a very good sized room with a large walk-in closet, and perhaps one of the best things about it - it is all mine (or mines - sorry Mom)!! You see, coming from a family of 10, having a room to oneself is rare, and in college they give you roommates, though I didn't have much success there either (had to get a new every year, LOL). So I am very excited about this. Other late excitement in my life right now include finding a dresser, couch, and coffee table cheap! I still don't have a bed, but I did bring an air mattress to start off from. Think I am going to try the couch out tonight and see how that goes (yes, this is in my room too - told you it was good sized).

Visited Sovereign Grace Church today in Chesapeake (only a 10 minute drive away) with roommate Matt M. Very similar to the others of Sovereign Grace Ministries. The worship was great and the message very good as well. The pastor spoke out of I John 2:15-17 about how "world" here refers to the aspect of Satan's dominion over mankind, and how this is polar opposite of God's system. Great spiritual food. The people were very friendly. I guess this church has a number of Regent affiliated students, both current and former. Matt really enjoyed the visit. We plan to go back. I am pretty sure this will become my VA church home.

Well there is so much more I could say, but it will have to wait for another time. Sleep is inorder at some point. Anyway, hope you enjoyed my first post. I will do my best to keep up with it throughout my time here.

Thanks for checking in!
Over and Out...................click!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Mark!!!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bro, thanks for the update. I'll definately be praying for ya, as it looks like I'll be a fellow "shipmate" in about a year or two (albiet on a different vessel ;-) ).

Feel free to give me a call sometime. I'd love to chat, pray, and catch up. Keep up the good work, keep us all posted, and God bless!

2 Corinthians 9:8

2:16 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mark, glad you got a Blog going. Hopefully I can make it out next year for a visit. Mjbigger

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home