The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Last couple days

Sorry about not being able to post the last couple days. Things had been crazy, so when we had a few days off, I took advantage of it.

First, though, on Wednesday, we had our mock test. It wasn't too bad. I actually messed up a little bit on it though. I made a quick outline, and if I had followed that to a "T" I would have been find. I missed one little point, which changed the outcome of the case. I figured it out half way through, and I knew what I had to write, but didn't get to finish the essay. The test was 40 min. with 2 multiple choice questions. I had one of those wrong. Even though I had to change course mid way through, overall I was pleased with the test. I came out of it feeling I applied the material well.

Afterwards, my roommates and I decided that we were going to get a group to go to the beach. We started inviting everybody, going up introducing ourselves and asking if they wanted to go to the beach on Thursday, our first real day off. The next day we had about 25 people come out from about 11AM to 3pm!! It was a beautiful day. We had some good games of beach volleyball and enjoyed the warm water and got a lot of sun (no burn for me, I got a good base tan - :). Afterwards we invited anyone who wanted to come back to our house for dinner, games and prayer. My roommates and I went home and cleaned and began putting up stuff on our bare walls (nothing like the presence of females to make one do something they have been putting' off, lol). My roommate Jeremy cooked some of his homemade true Italian spaghetti sauce. We had bread and salad to go with it. It was a good meal. About 15 people showed up. My buddy Jon Bell made it from Norfolk - got to see our house and meet some of my friends. Got to play pinochle with him and a couple other avid card players. Others got into some deep discussions in the kitchen (what do you expect from law students? - LOL). At 11pm we spent some time in prayer. Then with those that stuck around, we played a big game of spoons (which I won!!) and taught a bunch of people to play Four on the Couch. It was a blast. I don't think the party ended till 2am! Hey, pretty soon we will be in the books 24/7 - so we enjoyed ourselves.

Today was the rest of orientation, more of Administration stuff. We had a lot of material thrown at us this past week. Classes start on Monday, which we have to come prepared for!! So today I was working on first assignments. It will be a lot of work, but as a friend reminded me tonight, "Anything worth doing is going to be hard". Well put, well put.

Tomorrow I go back to sovereign Grace Church, this time with a bigger group of new friends! Well, more later. Jeremy and I are going to go for a run. Later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leeann said...

Sounds like fun... enjoy before the true insanity kicks in!
I might be coming down with some people to vacation in Virginia Beach for Labor Day (since I'm sure no one else will be... HA), any good ideas of where to stay? Maybe I'll see you there...

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home