The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

In town for CPAC

Regent Law's Admission office contacted me this week and asked me if I would like to go as a student representative to the CPAC conference in Washington D.C., February 9th - 11th. I was honored. It would entail missing two days classes, but they would cover all expenses, including travel costs, hotel costs, and food expenses. In turn, I would be required to man their booth at the conference and greet and answer questions from potential students about the school and my experience. Not a bad gig. Something right up my alley too - presenting a vision of something I believe in.

That will be the second weekend in a row I will be gone in February. The first weekend, I have a small part to play as a groomsmen in Knoxville, Tennessee. Caleb is getting married!! I am excited for him and Andrea. It also means I get to see my buddy again!! Does not happen often enough.

My family is currently on their way down to Fort Benning, Georgia. Brandon made it!! He graduates from Ranger School on Friday! He called me tonight to touch base. He sounded good and feels pretty good. His plans are to get some more schooling at Fort Benning before heading to his post in Hawaii sometime in April. Sounds like he has a slot in jump school as well. Wish I could be there for his graduation. My whole family is heading down. Gonna miss being with them. (However, I was the only one to make it to his graduation in Fort Lewis in Washington state.) GO ARMY!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool... CPAC is so much... well, anyway. Good to see friends up there, I am sure.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yello, found this blog and thought I'd let on that I recently got accepted to Regent for 2006 (and I'm also from New York)

Just out of sheer curiousity, how hot looking are the girls? I need to know for....research purposes.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Leeann said...

Mark, if you happen to stop by the Hill in your travels, stop by Norwood's office - it'd be a blast to see you :)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

How many weddings you been in? Congrats to Caleb and also to Brandon. :) rlr

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, have fun at CPAC. If you get a chance, could you send me Caleb's email if you have it?

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home