The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday, Monday

It is about 9 p.m. on Monday night and I am sitting down with some of my Mom's famous apple pie as I blog tonight and reflect on today. Today was my first day back to classes at RU, and I have to say, Monday was kind to me today. Despite having done next to nothing "school wise" while home (that is why "it is called Spring Break" as one of my classmates put it), the week has broken me in easy. (Can't say tomorrow will be as kind.) By this, I mean I wasn't called upon today to explain the cases I was frantically re-reading this morning in preparation. Thankfully I had worked ahead a little before I left, so most of my prep was reviewing cases I read a week ago.

The thought has struck me more than once since I rolled back in about 11:15 p.m. last night, "Have I even left Virginia Beach?? Did I even have a Spring Break???" Yet, the taste of the evidence is still tickling my taste buds. (No one makes an apple pie like my Mom! Yummy!) And I have to say, I do feel a little more rested. Lol! Isn't it crazy how quickly we can fall back into routines, even after a week break, and feel as though we never left? I can remember one pastor talking about the first thing he desires when he first wakes up (no, it is not coffee): MORE SLEEP!! I can relate. How quickly I forget to thank God for what He has already graciously given to me. Afterall, Ps.127:2 reminds us that God grants sleep to those He loves.

I have been looking at Ps.23 lately. I think it opens up with the secret of being content, which could read "[Because] the Lord is my Shepherd I shall not be in want" (vs.1). God already knows what we need afterall. How comforting is that. We can be satisfied because He is our Shepherd - a provider, protector and someone who leads us in the way we should go.

Well, I best be getting to bed. Grace & Peace out there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Hey Mark! I came across your blog and it's great to see you're doing well!

The pictures of PHCers are great!!

Have a great week,
Terri (Silzell) White

3:49 PM  
Blogger i,Sardonicus said...

new post new post!!!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home