The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Monday, November 07, 2005

Yes, I am still alive

Greetings,

Yes, I am still alive and well... (a rather relative term seeing I am only 2 weeks out from my first bout with law school mid-terms!!). Have I been busy...yes. Is this a good excuse not to update everyone...of course not. :)

I was repremended by a friend for keeping everyone on edge so long about the Championship football game. Yeah..well...we lost. No big heroics from yours truely. Probably one reason I have not been so anxious to report. We only lost by a touchdown, but regardless, it was disappointing. We are continuing to play in a intermuel league now. Had a double header on Saturday and won both games.

Another reason I have been M.I.A. was a 10-page memo for Legal Research and Writing. This was turned in a week ago today, and as long as I worked on it, this past week I felt like I was not absorbing anything in classes. Hopefully my notes will make sense when it comes to review time.

While many of you probably keep better tab on whats going on in the world than I do, I came across two articles of interest on one of my favorite news sites, The DrudgeReport. I would encourage you to check them out.

1) France has been engulfed in riots since Oct. 27th. Seems that two youths, 15 and 17, were accidently electrocuted as they hid from police. Not sure how it all plays together, but it is still raging. " More than 1,400 vehicles were destroyed, two policemen were injured by birdshot and petrol bomb attacks were launched on schools, churches and public buildings." Remember to pray for our Christian brothers and sisters over there. (For more on causation see this link. )

2) The UN wants to take control of the Internet. What doesn't the UN want to control??


Anyways, that is all for now. Hoping to make it home for Thanksgiving in the next couple weeks. Once I return, we are given a few reading days and then head into finals. God give us 1Ls much grace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home