The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Monday, September 01, 2008

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I know, I know... It has been a long time since I have made a post, over a year no doubt. A lot has definitely happened since then. I will just have to give you a brief recap.

Last summer I finally figured out what I had done to my knee the previous Spring Break when I was skiing in Colorado. I had a torn ACL. Had surgery at Christmas and have had a reletively quick recovery. It is still not 100%, and I can't be as active as I'd like.

I am a very broud uncle of my now 6 month old nephew, much thanks to my sister Kariann and her husband Matt. His name is Brandon Scott, and he is the cutest little guy in the world! Another reason I love going home to visit.

I graduated from Regent Law school on May 10th this past year. A week later I went home to watch Mandy graduate from nursing school. Hannah also graduated from high school and has recently acquired her drivers license. Boy, am I getting old. :)

The celebrating was all short lived as I began studying for the bar. The best way I can describe it is as the "longest shortest summer of my life!". I was studying around 10 hors a day for 5 days a week, and some on the weekends. I decided to take the Virginia Bar because most of my contacts are down here & I love my church family I have been blessed with at Sovereign Grace of Chesapeake. I broke up my studies with church, friends & tennis.

I took the bar the end of July, making the trip to Roanoke with 1500 others. It was a pretty brutal exam, with a few surprises, but God was faithful. Because of having a last name near the end of the alphebet, my seat faced the very back wall of the huge auditorium, meaning I didn't have to look over the sea of people as I took my exam. I got a laughed when I saw my exam ID# 0666. To me it was just a number because my God is greater than that. I got a kick out of showing people it. I was glad that I got it as apposed to someone else who might of been distracted by it. I am happy the bar is over & am a free man until Oct 17th when the results come out. It was tough, and I feel it could go either way. It is in God's hands now. I just hope the graders were watching Michael Phelps in the Olympics while they were grading my answers! ;)

As of right now, I am a man without a home. I just working for Regent Law as a seasonal recruter. I will be traveling all over the country representing Regent at graduate & law fairs on different campuses. I am stoked, as I loved my experience at Regent, love to travel & enjoy talking to people. A great fit! The later part of my travels will put me back on the west coast in Cali, Oregon & Washington! This is in part my reason for reviving this blog, to share my adventures while on the road. I will try to be a better poster. :)

Well, that is all for now. The Adventure continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home