The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Yes, I did survive finals

Hello there. Yes, it is me... Unbelievable, huh? I finished finals and all in all I think they went well.

(Pause now for President's address to the nation from the Oval Office - Live on TV! ...okay, I am back. Great speech! Stay strong Bush!)

I will not know for sure until I get my grades back sometime after Christmas. I don't feel like I failed any of my classes, so that is good. How well did they go... time will tell. Thankfully all my finals were split up by at least one day, which made it easier to focus on each subject. I ended up joining a study group with some of my roommates and friends, in which one would get up and kind of lecture as we followed along with our outlines. We came up with many acronyms to remember the many points for the tests. It was fun. We usually would get up about 5:30 a.m. on the morning of the test and meet at IHOP for breakfast to do some last minute studying. All our tests started at 9 a.m. Most of the tests were a combination of essay and multiple choice. We were able to use our laptops for the essay portion, which I really enjoyed. The professors love it too, because they don't have to decipher any student's handwriting. I think the worst of all my finals was Contracts because of the hard multiple choice questions which are similar to the MultiState Bar questions. Perhaps my best test was Torts, which was our last test. It was pretty straight forward. I still believe the hardest test I ever had to take was Paul Bonicelli's Comparative Politics at Patrick Henry College.

Now I have a few weeks off. Classes start up again on Jan. 5th. Then I get to do it all over again. God was very good. One semester under my belt. Five more to go. It can be done.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Brain said...

Glad to hear you made it. It does get a bit easier as you get used to the format. And just think, in only one year, you will be half way through. Have a great break.

--Nelson

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home