The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Monday, November 28, 2005

T minus 13 days

That's right, in 13 days, I will have completed my first semester of law school. Crazy to think about. I don't remember if I have mentioned this before or not, but I was feeling really overwhelmed on our last day of classes, not because of finals (though that is starting to set in a little now), but just over how faithful God has been to me this whole time. I am humbled and amazed to look back and see the road that He brought me through. Who would of thought that a small-town farm boy from up-state New York would make it this far??? (Many of you outside of family may not realize those are my roots!! - crazy huh?)

Certainly gave me much to be thankful for over the holiday. Had a good time with my family and extended family, returning to my roots in up-state New York. The Wohlschlegel gathering wasn't as large this year since we were missing some from Kentucky, Tennessee, and Michigan, but was still fun-filled and crazy none-the-less. Games, great food, jokes, and fellowship. I love it! Even made it over to Rochester to see our long-time friends, the Bells and Whitakers. Then got a little time at home. Very nice break.

I barely cracked a book at all, which is now what I will be doing for the next 2 weeks straight. My first final is on Thursday, Dec. 1st, and last on Dec. 12th. I have a lot of material to go over between now and then, and try to get the concepts to stick in my head. Will be pretty busy. Have to remember to commit the work to the Lord, since He has to bless for it to go anywhere. Time will go by fast, though right now it seems not fast enough. :)

NOTE: Reading in Proverbs 29 today (matching it with the date) and noticed it had a lot to say about Christians and the law & justice. Have to confess my first thoughts of where I regularly break the law is in the car - speeding!! The context however, may be referring more to the higher law handed down from God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home