The Adventure continues...post bar

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. But they, while companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." "The Ladder of St. Augustine" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

Monday, September 15, 2008

"28 Tuxes"

What do you think? Its the title for a new movie I am thinking about writing, staring me of course (who else? Of course, when I had the beard I did get a couple Russel Crowe compliments..hhmm). At this point I would only have 20 more weddings to go!


I was just in my cousin Dustin's wedding this past Saturday. That's number 8 for my career as a groomsmen, which started in 2001. I have traveled to Iowa, Tennesee, Ohio, Texas, the rest being in Virginia. I have only been the Best Man once, and that I didn't even realize until I showed up for it! For one bachlor party I helped plan, we actually took my friend to Chucky Cheese. One other interesting (or uninteresting) fact is that three of the weddings were for buddies named Matt. (Long live the Matt Party!)

In all seriousness, I actually enjoy participating and celebrating with friends when they get married. I love hearing (& sometimes indirectly participating in) the stories of how God has orchastrated bringing the two people together. It is a reminder to me that God is always working & gives me hope for my future. Haha. Not to mention the food is usually good and the dancing is fun (once I get past my self conscienceness).

Who knows how many more weddings are yet to come, but I keep hoping for at least one more... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home